Welcome to django_dbdev’s documentation!¶
django_dbdev is a set of Django management commands that makes it very easy work with database servers during development.
We provide Django management commands to:
- Setup a clean and isolated database environment in a temporary folder. This means that you do not have to touch ANY globally installed database configs or databases.
- Create and destroy this isolated database enviroment, including all those hard to remember commands to create the database, create a user with the correct privileges etc.
- Load database dumps.
- Backup and restore your database.
- MariaDB (same backend as MySQL)
You can also easily add support for more databases.
- Getting started
- Working with django_dbdev
- Custom backend
- Develop django_dbdev